Woah! I've been nominated for an award!
I've been a little late to reciprocate this. But... Thank you oh so much Morgan
from Castles Made of Books!
*hugs and butterfly kisses* ;)
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
Questions from Morgan
1. Who is your favorite character from a book and why?My favorite character? I have 2. Minerva McGonagall from Harry Potter (Snape was good at the end and all but I'm sorry you just won't cut it.) because she's bad-ass, got attitude but caring at the same time. And Moon-Face from The Faraway Tree series by Enid Blyton, I just loved that sweet character as a kid.
Omigosh, how can I forget Mr. Darcy!! I don't need to say why do I ? *wink wink*
2. What books do you love so much you would read again?
This answer is cliche'd but HP has to be one of them. Then there's The Fault in Our Stars (John Green), Daughter and Smoke and Bone (Laini Taylor) , Pushing the Limits (Katie McGarry) , Pandemonium (Lauren Oliver) .
3. Do you judge a book by its cover?
I'd love to say no, but alas! I do....... If I adore the cover, I'm likely to grab it off a shelf and check it out. But we certainly shouldn't judge a book by it's cover as I have actually encountered great reads with not so great covers.
4. What does your blog title mean/why did you choose it?
The Smell of Parchment! I think it speaks for itself don't you think. Why did I choose it? Because I just H-E-A-R-T the smell of books! New ones, not so new ones, old ones I love 'em all. Maybe with the exception of e-books. Don't really get any smell off of that, unless you're sniffing a tablet/laptop.
5. What is the worst book you've ever read?
Well the only DNF I have in my list would have to be Entangled by Cat Clarke. I don't know why, maybe something's wrong with me. But I just couldn't finish it.
6. What is your favorite place to get books from?
While in school and before I moved it was my school library, friends and the occasional store. But since I moved to college, the library here doesn't have books that suit my *ahem* taste. (I hate study material, but yes I do need to make their acquaintance time and time again.)
7. If you were stuck on a deserted island and could only have one book with you, what book would you choose?
GASP! I couldn't. Just one?! I - just - can't.
8. What are the last two books that you've read?
Well, it's the Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck and My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. Check out my reviews for it by clicking the links!
*Warning : Review for My Life Next Door is long thanks to me gushing about the characters. *
9. What are two books you're dying to read?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer and Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor are two books among many others that I can't seem to get my hands on.
10. If you could meet any author, who would you choose?
Hmm.. There's Laini Taylor, Lauren Oliver, John Green. I would have loved to meet Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton :/
11. What was your favorite book as a child?
The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton and Witches and Matilda by Roald Dahl.
11 Random Facts
I talk in my sleep.
My favorite flavor of ice-cream is World Class Chocolate from Baskin Robbins.
I'm frightened of almost every bug and animal known, except maybe goldfishes and houseflies.
I have a fetish for earrings.
I love Toblerone.
I occasionally imagine myself in the renaissance era.
My favorite cartoon is Avatar: The Last Airbender.
I have a horrible memory.
I began eating spinach after watching Popeye.
I hate Two-faced people, fictional or otherwise.
I adore Midge from Archie comics.
- Kimberly @ Many Books, Many Lives
- Amanda @ I solemnly swear
- Carol @ Second Glance Book Reviews
- Kim @ Bookmark To Blog
- Kassandra @ Pinky Just Listen
- Orisi @ Orisi's Blah Blah Blah
- Joana @ Words and Tea Bottles
- Sami @ The Bookish Diaries
- Andy @ Escape to New Worlds
- Ashley @ Nook of Book Reviews
- Annoushka @ Annoushka Reads
My Questions For You.
- Why did you begin blogging?
- Sunrise or sunset?
- Do you judge a book by its cover?
- What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
- If you had to give up any one of your senses (sight, smell, hearing, taste, touch) which would it be and why?
- Which in your opinion is your favorite Book to Movie transition?
- Most embarrassing story you are willing to share online?
- Your favorite book as a child?
- Which book are you highly anticipating to read?
- Who's your favorite character from a book/movie and why?
- Have a book boyfriend/girlfriend? Who is it and why?
Leave me a link to your post so I can check out your answers. =)