Thursday 2 May 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #11





Increase Blog Followers, gain Book Blog Followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

This Friday's question :

Give us a sneak! What are you reading? Tell us about a fun or fail scene in your current read.


Hmm..


Well I've just, just started reading Clockwork Angel, like literally right now. So I don't really much to say about it now. I'll tell you about my last read, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl, which was read as part of Young Adult Blogger Book Club.

So there's this incident that happens where Lena Duchanne (female protagonist) runs out of her english class after a bunch of students verbally bully her and in a fit of rage she happens to shatter the windows of her class. Obviously the male protagonist Ethan runs out after her to find her in a lemon grove. She's laying down tears streaking her face, watching the sky all the while asking him to go away. And then this happens :



“As I lay down, she sat up, I sat up, she laid down, I laid down. Awkward.”


I might have been smirking at the lame-ness of that scene above now. But when I read it then, you could've heard crickets chirping in the background. I just stared at the page dreading anything that came beyond this.

Leave a link to your Follow Friday post or let me know your answers in the comments below!
Happy Friday!


post signature

17 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book, but I've heard mixed reviews. I like your blog name!


    Jess @ Literary, etc (new follower via bloglovin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hesitant reading it because of the mixed reviews. I highly confused myself truth be told. ;)

      Delete
  2. Clockwork Angel is awesome!
    Beautiful Creatures was nice, but I didn't enjoy the rest of the books in the series, unfortunately.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    New follower via GFC, NetworkedBlogs and Bloglovin
    My FF
    I have an INT giveaway going on as well! :D

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping through!
    Old GFC follower.
    New follower via Bloglovin. =)

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that's pretty akward! Not sure about this book! It sounds like a big fail. :(

    Nina@J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tease. I haven't read this series and i've been itching to :)

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-follow-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I loved Beautiful Creatures. Such an interesting paranormal world.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the quote! I haven't read Beautiful Creatures yet but I own the series and I hope to start it soon :D Ditto for Infernal Devices LOL Thanks for sharing!!

    Old follower, happy Friday ♥
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good snippet! I liked it. Although I haven't read the series.

    Old GFC and BlogLovin Follower

    My FF @ The Creative Forum
    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey :) Just wanted to let you know I stopped by. I'm following you via bloglovin'. Hope to get a follow back :) I love your blog name btw :) I love the smell too!

    Amber

    http://paradiseofpages.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Amber! Old books smell especially divine don't you think? ;)

      Delete
  10. Passing through to say hi!I'm a new follower who found you by FF blog hop and hope I can see you back at my blog or blogs =)

    guinandlibertadtomas.blogspot.com

    yamulticulturaljunkie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, now I want to watch the movie and see if they filmed that scene. Ooh, clockwork angel has many scenes at the beginning. I can't wait to figure out what is really happening and who'll end up being the main characters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I haven't read The Mortal Instruments and I hope it won't affect Clockwork Angel, though it must obviously be fun finding connections from TMI.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for following Imagine a World!
    New follower via Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh come on!! You have GOT to love Ethan and Lena! They are like my favorite YA couple. Like ever. Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by my blog- new follower!
    Esty @ Boarding with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Nice to know you loved them. I pretty neutral towards them really. My favourite might be Hazel and Augustus from Fault in our Stars ;)

      Delete