Thursday 6 June 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #15





Increase Blog Followers, gain Book Blog Followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

This Friday's question :
 Have you broken up with a series? If so which one and why?


Touchy topic. I never like to leave a book mid-way let alone a whole series. But then again, I never like to, never said I wouldn't.

First up we have The Inheritance Cycle series.


I like to re-analyse a book sometimes. I don't think I'll be doing it for this one. 

I love the concept of dragons and spells and the rider/dragon as one thing. I loved Eragon, adored Eldest, but don't even remember reading Brisingr, when I know I did. What went wrong? I honestly don't know or remember.  I should probably revisit it again. But it's been soooo loong I don't think I am going to. Sadly so.






These are two series that I might go back to. The first book, good for a debut novel but something just a little lacking for me to maybe carry on reading. I might just go back because the ending perked my interest but not really sure.
Then we have, Beautiful Creatures. I read it, liked the concept, enjoyed the characters the magic but again could have had more. I've heard Beautiful Darkness is better. So might give it a try? Just not right now.

Lastly, this was more of an unfortunate break and we'd both love to get back together when we can. The Young Samurai series.


The problem here was I thought there were only 3 books in the series. When actually I need to get to 5 more books. A grand total of 8 books in the series. The last five are more elemental based from what I can gather from the titles. I need to get back to this one. I loved them!


Leave a link to your Follow Friday post or let me know your answers in the comments below!
Happy Friday!


post signature

18 comments:

  1. I have Beautiful Creatures on my TBR pile. Still not sure I'll start the series though.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF :)
    Happy Friday

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t read any of these series, though I've been contemplating The Inheritance Cycle for a while. Sorry to hear you lost interest along the way.

    Old Follower.

    My FF @ The Creative Forum
    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not even finished the first book of the Inheritance series, I found it too boring:( PS: new follower on bloglovin!

    My (first ever) FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did get to finish The Inheritance Cycle, though for some reason I don't remember much of what happened. I just know there was a dragon. HAHA oh no :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I have basic gist of the first book thanks to the movie. And I remember the Dragon's name! Other than that I'm very much on the same page. :P

      Delete
  5. I hate giving up on series but then again...what can we do?

    Old follower.

    Here is my FF http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/06/feature-and-follow-14-broken-up-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed The Inheritance Cycle but it was sooo long between the books that I almost gave it up. Thanks for visiting me this week! Old follower :)

    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the Beautiful Creatures series and the Inheritance series. New follower!
    Check out my FF at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Eragon movie, somewhat, but never read the series. Never read any of these but sorry they didn't hold your interest.

    new follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gave up on the Inheritance series as well! The first book and movie were not interesting enough for me!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Old GFC follower!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only one from these that I started was Beautiful Creatures but that was one of my first DNF books. I couldn't get into it so I gave up and never looked back.

    Thanks for visiting my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a bummer about the Inheritance series. I was kind of interested in them. I may still give them a go, but we'll see. I read Beautiful Creatures, but haven't had any motivation to try any of the others.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF!

    New Bloglovin' follower

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many people who finished the Inheritance series and loved it! So do give it a go. :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my FF, I'm bummed you didnt like the christopher paloini books, I really enjoyed them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the visit and the follow! Following you back, by GFC, Google+, Bloglovin' and Twitter.

    I've never read your break-up books - my daughter recommended Eragon to me, but I haven't gotten around to it.

    The Beautiful Creatures movie trailer looked interesting, maybe. I suspect the best parts of the movie are all shown in the trailer, though, so I didn't see it. Did you?

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never really started on those series. But I've been wanting to start on the Beautiful Creatures! Thanks for dropping by my FF. New bloglovin follower!

    Nina @ The Bookish Confections

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any of these yet, but I really want to start the Eragon books. For me, the Matched series was one I had to break up with (almost before I'd even finished the first book). :) http://abbiereadsbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any of these books, I have Beautiful Creatures on my shelf though. I followed via GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete